Saturday, December 24, 2011

i don't need no beast of burden

It looks like some of the major players for the Trials have been doing some really lovely training. I pay attention to this, but I never really 'pay attention' meaning I don't give a flying f what these boys' workout times are or how much they are loving training or how excited they are to be competing in Houston.

I learned my lesson a long time ago that it rarely matters what the others are hashing out. What matters is that I experience that 'feeling' in workouts and training where you know you are in the best shape of your life. I can think back to about 4 different periods of my career where I knew I was gonna pop something special and low and behold it popped. At the same time, there have been many times where I have faked workouts and appeared to be in good shape, but I knew deep down that things didn't feel just right, and my races showed it.

At this very moment I am so happy with where I am at in the cycle and I am very prepared for this marathon in 3 weeks. I have done every single workout with one of the top marathoners in the country (minus one mile of a 5 mile quick finish longer run where I just stopped early for some reason). I have never really felt like I was truly skulling it. I have felt very rythmic and strong in the faster sessions, much like a horse might feel when galloping across open fields. Or something.

Merry Christmas to every single person who happens to view this rant.  I absolutely love the feeling that the holidays bring to me and am very excited for the day and happy to spend Christmas in SLP with my wife. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

 Christmas tuneage that you could listen to over and over and over and not be annoyed:

No comments:

Post a Comment