Thursday, July 2, 2009

was trying to find me something but i wasn't sure just what

You ever have those days....the days where you wonder what exactly the purpose is? You have all the motivation you could ask for staring you directly in the face to get out there and do some extraordinary things, yet sometimes you sit there and can only ask what for?

Today was not one of those days. All the motivation was there....I got out the door early with Zac, Annie, and the Jogger for an easy 8, went to work for 4 hours, set up my new toy, received a massage, and ran another easy 6. Only 14 total for the day, but only because Lehm told me to learn from his mistakes... 20 miles tomorrow with 14 or so at marathon pace looms. It was a busy day, so I didn't even have time to ask myself what exactly I was doing. It just all fell into place.

This weekend I will venture to Belmond, Iowa, population 2505 for the annual 4th of July celebration. The Corner Bar, parade, BBQ in the park, and fireworks traditionally make this one of my favorites of the year...just really good to see all fam and friends who are back in B. Lots of support there for my efforts especially. Plus I love running out on the dirt roads in the Iowa country with nothing but corn all around you.

Next week and the following week will be relatively big training weeks. I hope to run between 120-130 miles with a lot of marathon paced efforts, and also with some mile, 5k, and 10k paced workouts mixed in there. Throw in some threshold and a 30 mile run and this marathon will be a piece of cake - right!!?? Planning on racing a 10k on July 25, and playing a lot of golf in between. Loving the Minnesota summer, but can't wait to get to Berlin.

1 comment: