Wednesday, August 18, 2010

i was a hero early in the morning

I have always respected Alberto Salazar and what he has done for distance running - particularly American distance running. In this video he offers great wisdom for any runner of any ability trying to meet goals and achieve milestones. Perhaps most inspiring is that what he discusses can be carried over into many aspects of our lives outside of running. Anyway, I took a lot from the video as far as motivation goes and was reminded yet again that positive mental strength can carry a human being a long ways. Dennis Barker is also tuned into how important it is to use the mind to the best of your ability.

My morning run was with the boys today from the ECC. I felt on top of my game and just enjoyed being out there running for the sheer joy of running. It was great to be able to be on the dirt along Minnehaha Creek. Just the subtle reminders that I am very fortunate.

Track and Field Videos on Flotrack

No comments:

Post a Comment