Saturday, August 1, 2009

fight like a brave don't be a slave no one can tell you you've got to be afraid

On Friday I learned a fairly tough lesson. And that lesson is that marathon training, can at times, be a B-otch. For July, I avg'd 129 miles per week, and I fully believe it caught up to me performing 4000m repeats on this difficult hilly loop over in St. Paul. The legs....H-E-A-V-Y. The breathing....h_e_a_v_y. I love it. I loved that I didn't lose focus when it started to get tough. I'm ready. The evaluation: we learned it's time to cut back a little, freshen up, and get the body rested during the next 3 weeks. I still avg'd under 5 min pace for 15 miles broken up, but even still that thing got the best of me. On the other hand Antonio effin Vega looked outstanding. He is rounding into form and will run a VERY fast fall marathon. I think we'd agree that we just need the killer instinct to surface come race day and then.....

I love this commercial so much. Even though Coca-cola classic holds a special place in my heart...



No comments:

Post a Comment