Saturday, July 31, 2010

Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love. - Talleyrand, 18th century French diplomat

The title to this entry is a quote from the 18th/19th century French diplomat Charles de Talleyrand-Périgord. Talleyrand speaks of coffee. When I think of coffee, immediately I am reminded of a fantastic human being who I have had the pleasure of being friends with since 2001. A human being who has such a gentle, calm demeanor on the outside and a competitive spirit on the inside like that of a raging forest fire. Lundo (as he is so affectionately known by most folks now since 2001 thanks to me) - I have learned - has recently been named to Team USA for the World Mountain Running Championships in Kamnik, Slovenia, on Sept the 5th. This town is just under 2000ft elevation, but the finish is a little over 5000ft. Let me tell you though, there isn't a better man we want representing the US at a World Championships than Ol' Lundo. He will go out there and put his body to the test in the most intelligent way possible and the result will speak for itself. All the best over there buddy! Thanks for the new inspiration to hammer it out myself.

Now I must finish my coffee that is calling out at me to drink it slower, and go for a jog with 30 minutes at a faster pace in the middle. Hoping to hit around 5:30 per mile. I'm really jacked to be able to get out there and crank it this morning and put the body through some pain. Slowly building this sucker back...

No comments:

Post a Comment